Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Christmas, Annaversaries and Work

Things have been going well so far. It being just after the holidays I feel ... blah I guess you could say. I got a few nice things for Christmas and all, a massaging mat and G.H. III which me and my bf, Trevor, have been playing adamantly since I brought it over his house. I don't mind leaving it over there just cause I know he'll take good care of it like he takes care of me. Our anniversary is 12.22 and though there were no presents or anything, he took me out to dinner to a place called 'The Melting Pot' - for those of you who don't know what this place is - it's a fondue restaurant. The place was beautiful! And we got a booth that was in a small, more secluded side room that was really great. I loved going and we talking about going back for our next anni but I suppose we'll just have to see.

Last night I got to go over my friend Laura's house, we made a run to Taco Bell and then watched the Resident Evil Trilogy -- with her there explaining some things it made more sense than ever! xD Hehehe. She's lucky she has money to throw around with box sets and such - though speaking of box-sets I used some of my x-mas money to buy myself one; Fruits Basket! <33 I've finished the first two DVDs but I haven't started the other ones. What sucks though is that it only goes up to 26 Episodes which is only part-way through the series. I would LOVE if they came out with another box-set. -dancedance-

So I was working yesterday, New Years Day - fun? O.o ... anywho, and had to get there at 6 am. Besides the thick, sticky snow (gigglesnort) I made it there alright since I had spent the night over Trevor's the night before, who lived 5 minutes away from my work. I get there and I'm working with Rob, who is the meat cutter ( for everyones information who DOESN'T know me that well - or just hasn't heard be talk about my job - I work in the meat/seafood department of a grocery store ) and supposedly this new girl is coming in an hour later. Well 7 o'clock rolls around and she's still not there .. and I'm talking with Rob about it since she's called in and not shown up to work quite a few times within the past couple weeks. You see, we all have scheduled jobs, Rob cuts the meat and fills the counter, I was supposed to unload the shipment that came in (which was 5 pallets for those of you who are in retail and know what I'm talking about - or know someone who is) and work everything and make the back room look pretty. She was supposed to set up the fresh counter, where you buy all the fish fillets, frozen fish, and fresh beef, pork, etc. Well it gets to about 7:30 when the morning grocery manager comes over and tells me she quit. This translates to -- now I gotta do two peoples work when I knew I would barely finish my own job on time. SHIT. Lemme tell you - I was pissed right the hell off. O.o -sighs- but I suppose it's a good thing because we're going to be getting our hours cut soon and with her quitting it gives my manager, Kenny, more hours to work with and disperse.

I just realized I didn't make a New Years resolution ... uh ... no wait - do better in school! Eheh. ^^;

But I suppose that's enough ranting. :3 Toodles minna-san!

No comments: